What is the Thrive Into Work programme?
The Thrive into Work programme is an experimental trial that will test a new employment support service for people with long-term physical or mental health conditions. The aim of the trial is to discover whether this programme is an effective way of supporting people into work.
The service will offer:
- One-to-one support tailored to meet your needs and the kind of work you want to find
- Meetings at a place that suits you or over the phone
- Working with your GP or other healthcare professional to support you in managing any difficulties you have
- Benefits advice
- Support to find a job and once you are in work
- Help with talking to your employer about your needs at work
What is the ‘trial’ part?
In order to understand how well the programme works, we need something to compare it to. That way, we can measure the outcomes of each method of support against each other and find out which approach works best. Therefore, when you are referred into the service, you will be randomly allocated to either the Thrive Into Work programme or be signposted to services that already exist. Either way, you will be offered help to find work.
The trial is a collaboration between the West Midlands Combined Authority, NHS England, the Department of Work &Pensions, and the Department of Health.
How can I sign up for the trial?
If you are over 18 and registered with a GP in Wolverhampton, Dudley, Sandwell and West Birmingham or South Central Birmingham you can sign up for the trial. To sign up you can either be referred by your GP or you can self-refer via the Thrive Into Work website.