Health Exchange is a charity with a mission:
“To shape the design and development of health and wellbeing services in a way that will enable everyone to have the capacity and confidence to choose positive health and wellbeing.”
We put our core values at the heart of everything we do.
Our core values underpin all our work. We use them to inform services, make business decisions and form partnerships. At Health Exchange, we believe in:
- Investing… in our people by recruiting local people and helping them to develop their skills and knowledge
- Being the best… at providing services that meet the needs of every individual, commissioner or buyer of our services
- Social value… by spending money in a way that benefits the local communities in which we work
- Innovation… by creating new ways of working which continue to make our services more efficient and engaging
- Empowerment… talking to our clients to build on their skills and knowledge so that we can create new solutions
Health Exchange’ approach is to work with people and communities to achieve better health and wellbeing. We help individuals to make choices about their lifestyles to improve mental and physical health and self-esteem.
Our staff are the bedrock of what we offer; we have an eclectic group of people who come from various backgrounds, speak multiple languages and possess a variety of formal qualifications. Wherever we are working, you’ll find that our team members directly reflect the community they are serving. This is a key component of our offer.
All of our services centre upon the principle of ‘co-collaboration’, which involves Health Exchange staff working alongside clients to produce positive and sustainable outcomes. We believe strongly in our clients themselves and that they can be the most powerful factor in improving their own lifestyles.
Our overarching ambition is to improve the wellbeing of whole communities by spending money in a way that adds long-term social value. By empowering individuals and training community members, we believe that we can facilitate a culture of health and wellbeing within a community.