We are looking for a Senior Stop Smoking Advisor to be based in Worcestershire.
This is a full time position and it’s purpose will be to reduce tobacco related harm in Worcestershire through supporting local people to access stop smoking support and take part in wider tobacco control initiatives.
• Smoking Cessation Techniques through level 1 & 2 training
• Knowledge of existing smoking cessation services
• Good understanding of database management.
• Good working knowledge of all Microsoft products
• Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
• Good Understanding of IT
• Good organisational skills
• Good eye for detail
• Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met
• Experience of providing help, support and/or counselling on a one to one or group basis.
• Experience of Health Promotion Activities
• Understanding Evidence Based Practice
• Experience of data inputting and extraction of data for report writing purposes
• Proficient user of Microsoft Package
– Provision of information and advice to individuals, community groups and workplaces on the health effects of smoking and the benefits of stopping smoking and the services available.
– Promote the stop smoking service locally through social events, displays and exhibitions and media.
– Provision of pre-quit sessions to increase accessibility of the service.
– Maintain and use specialist knowledge and experience of Stop Smoking to provide intensive and appropriate evidence based stop smoking advice and support to smokers who wish to quit in accordance with local and national protocols, including the delivery of stop smoking groups and 1:1 individual support.
– Provision of evidenced based community stop smoking support (one to one and groups) for up to 12 weeks with each individual receiving a minimum of four face to face weekly contacts in various community settings.
– To follow up, assess and record clients smoking status at 12 weeks, 6 months and 12 months.
– To attend stop smoking team meetings, and work as part of a team.
– To undertake relevant and appropriate training for the post and attend regular supervision sessions and update training.
– The post may involve some out of hours working from time to time, such as evenings or weekends.
– Oversee bank stop smoking advisors and be a point of contact for any NRT, Clinic and sessions queries
– Input client details onto client tracker to ensure Health Exchange can accurately run reports on stop smoking related activity.
– To undertake any other appropriate duties negotiated between the post holder and line manager/service co-ordinator.
If you would like more information or to apply for this position then please send us an email with your CV and covering letter to Maureen.Cadogan@healthexchange.org.uk or follow this link to download an application form: HEX Application form